Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Armed with chalkboard paint



It's not new by any means, but it's still being seen in interior magazines around the globe. 



After doing a little browsing on the web to get some inspiration for my daughter's new bedroom, I came across images of chalkboard paint being used in so many different ways.



Use it on all four walls of a room, just one wall, on furniture, on smaller sections of custom sized boards, as a kitchen splashback and the list goes on. 

In my daughter's room I decided to paint three walls white and paint just one wall with the chalkboard paint. I have included some pics below.

Enjoy x


Black and white, always a winner. The coloured chalk seen above is a good way to add a pop of colour to a monochromatic space
A small circle or a rectangular strip. Both work well in these spaces.




My daughter LOVES to draw. She has been busted a couple of times over the last few years for creating some masterpieces on the walls of her bedroom... When we moved into our new home a couple of months ago, I knew we had to give her a wall where she could draw until her heart's content. No more making baking soda pastes and using packets of magic eraser to get her creations off the walls for me, winning!

Some shots I took today after putting my daughter's freshly painted and still slightly smelly room back together.
(The Moroccan Pouffes, antlers and four emotions vases are all from MintSix)
These dining areas look great with their various chalkboard features

Framed boards look great leaning on a wall and don't overpower the space

Chalkboard paint is still being seen in many different styles of kitchen designs
Rachael Lovelace's colourful and fun kitchen wall

Had to include this pic as I have recently purchased
some Cassala chairs and I'm still a little obsessed
!

This home belongs to one of my fave
bloggers, Victoria Smith from
sfgirlbybay.com

An industrial space with a good number of glass 
cloches which always catch my eye

The Instagram shot I took of Ellery after she was let loose in her room for the first time. 

BTW, please excuse the cheerleading outfit, she seemed to think she could draw, dress up and dance all at the same time... (as you do when you're five it seems) 

Source for all images found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love reading them all :)