Saturday, September 12, 2015

Bedroom Makeover | Inspiration



We decided it was time to give our bedroom a makeover, mainly because we had a major storage problem and wanted to create a walk through wardrobe/dressing room space. 


We have a large room so decided there would be enough space to build a dummy wall, like the one above, and create a hanging space as well as a dressing area behind. 


This wardrobe above by Nina Holst, author of the Stylizimo Blog, was my main source of inspiration and is a great example a relatively inexpensive and organised DIY wardrobe space. Mine doesn't look quite as monochromatic and tidy as this one unfortunately. I don't have all that much colour in my wardrobe but after putting all my clothes in I realised I had way more than Nina!




Ikea Malm Drawers are a great option for storage in bedrooms. They are unassuming and fairly cheap. They make a great dressing table when pushed together like this too.

The images below are all from my Pinterest boards and helped me glean some ideas and inspiration for our bedroom makeover.


I managed to grab a couple of the extremely well priced and sought after K-Mart Round Mirrors so they will be hung above the drawers in the walk through wardrobe.

These minimalist, sleek Arne Jacobsen 1957 wall lights were on the list early on and have been installed in the dummy wall as bedside lights.
We decided to stick with the existing dark blue wall colour that we painted after we moved in. It's got a moody feel to it and is balanced with the white dummy wall, skirting boards and door frames.
An oversized mirror to lean against the dark wall is on the wish list.



Stone Washed Linen by Jamie Kay from MintSix will go on our bed. I love the relaxed and inviting look of stone washed linen. It gets better with every wash too, so it's a win win.

I'll post some shots of our finished room in another post soon.

All images via my Pinterest Boards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love reading them all :)